This is a template recipe for a delicious and nutritious energy bar – you can substitute many of the ingredients with those you like more or have at home.
3 cups of puffed Kamut (or millet, puffed rice, puffed Quinoa etc’)
1 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc) – you can toast the nuts if you don’t like it raw.
1/2 cup of dried goji berries (raisins or cranberries or any other chopped dried fruit)
1/4 cup hemp seeds (or sesame or sunflower seeds) – Hemp seeds have a very high protein content, so if you add more, it might become your favorite after-the-gym bar
1/2 cup date syrup (or maple syrup or agave nectar)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds butter (or almonds butter, peanut butter, tahini etc’)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the nut butter and the date syrup. You can pre-toast the nuts if you want extra flavor.
2. Mix the date syrup with the nut butter in a little pot, you might have to warm it up a little to make it slightly more of a liquid. mix it with the ingredients in the bowl.
3. Flatten in a pan with a lid with your hands and freeze for one hour.
4. Cut into the size and shape you want.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
This is some addictive stuff!
You can choose the nuts, nut/seed butter, fruits etc’ to suit your particular taste. Try adding chilly flakes, cardamon etc’ if your’e adventurous